Wednesday 25 January 2012

Fair Isle

I've had little opportunity to work on my map today but have had plenty of time to think about it.

I have been fascinated with the idea of viking sagas, songs of the sea and tales of monsters in the deep dark waters of the North.  For the past couple of days I have been trying to manipulate wind charts to create wave like patterns, alluding to both the waves of the sea and musical notes. Sadly the results aren't what I had hope for.

However several blogs have encouraged me to persevere with the song theme even though one of them has very little to do with art!

Please do take a look at these two blogs. One is written by my very dear brother in law who is Warden of Fair Isle Bird Observatory http://fibowarden.blogspot.com/ . David manages to capture a huge range of photos that describe some of the magic and wildness there is to this tiny island. 

The other is written by Tommy - a resident artist on Fair Isle http://fair-isle.blogspot.com/. We enjoyed a very memorable game of golf with Tommy last summer and loved his perspective on the island.

For such a tiny island there is a wealth of history, stories, creativity and beautiful music.

This is one of the photos David posted in his blog. When its not foggy I believe amazing views like this are very common on Fair Isle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...