Sunday 15 January 2012

Chickens!

I have the privilege to share ownership of a lovely bunch of chickens with three other families who live in our village. The chickens are a constant source of amusement, worry and inspiration. I find myself increasingly drawn to the work of others which features chickens. So as I was collecting eggs this morning I thought it might be nice to say thank you to the chickens by featuring them on the blog.  In honour of our 14 lovely ladies I give you the chicken collection!


This fine looking bird is the creation of Anna Pettigrew on Folksy. Anna has a lovely selection of prints, tags and cards in her shop - well worth a look.



But which came first!  This card by Jolyon Yates reminds me of some of our younger ladies who are just getting the hang of this egg laying lark. Sometimes they do look very nonplussed!


This handsome chap would certainly get our ladies all of a flutter. This fabulous collage is by Emma Bennett. Her collages are simply amazing.


And finally this gorgeous lino print of "Hens Clucking" by Marliese from Three Bears Prints.  I am very fortunate to now be the proud owner of one of these prints. I just love it - when I look at these lovely girls it reminds me of our slightly less beautiful but equally charming brood.

3 comments:

  1. Rosie,

    From one Artist to another your work is beautiful, am loving the designs and appreciate the hard work that goes into producing them. Thank's for mentioning me on your site, if you like the single chicken (called Cagney) you might like this one with her friend Lacey:
    http://www.emmabennettcollage.co.uk/chicken%20in%20the%20pot.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the selection, many thanks for your comments.
    Emma, I love the chickens in the pot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...