Sunday 18 March 2012

A gift on Mother's Day



So today is Mothering Sunday here in the UK and we have just returned from church with a very simple bouquet of garden flowers and some fruit cake. Delicious!

 I don't know how well known a fact it is that the tradition of giving flowers stems from the bunches of wild flowers gathered by domestic servants as they walked through the fields on the way home to visit their mothers on this special Sunday, so forgive me if I am telling you something you already know!

I really like that our village church still gives garden flowers, so I have a beautiful cream narcissus, a gorgeous burgundy hellebore, a double yellow daffodil and two stems of golden euonymus. It is just perfect and looks very pretty in a little bud vase.

My spotlight this week is also on the theme of handpicked flowers. This lovely necklace really caught my eye. Made from a number of pieces of jewellery by Sarah Gluyas, I was struck that this one of a kind piece reflected the unique nature of handpicked bunches.
Image - Sarah Gluyas TattyChic

Sarah has a number of exquisite pieces in her Etsy shop TattyChic and I heartily recommend you go take a look. Like last week's spotlight Collectini I think Sarah displays a real skill in curating her finds. She has real talent in putting pieces together to make new creations and the results are stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...