Sunday 13 May 2012

Sisters are doin' it for themselves


So today is the launch of our village ladies night! Inspired by the amazing work of the Women's Institute and desperate to create an event we could walk to, we've decided to start our own.

Each month we'll meet in the village pub - The Sun to enjoy a glass of wine, some nibbles and the chance to try something new or have a good old chinwag.  I was inspired to kickstart the process by the SconeRoses WI which recently started in Bedford as well as these other amazing groups Shoreditch Sisterhood, Borough Belles

In my experience people are desperate to reconnect with "traditional" crafts and "domestic goddess" skills, they just might not have the time to do a full course or practise every week. I was determined to get the women in my village into our pub, to connect with each other and to promote the many local skilled people we have. People can't support your business if they don't know about you!

Today I'm running a workshop called Fab Florals DIY. People bring along a bunch of flowers from the supermarket and container/s from home and I'll show them how to create something unique, pretty and quick. The idea being that they will then have the skills to recreate this arranagement when they are entertaining or the mother in law is coming to visit. I'll post the results later in the week.


1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea, I wish I had a group like this locally (maybe I should start one?!). Look forward to hearing how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...