Thursday 2 February 2012

slow progress - good things come to those who wait!

A little too optimistically I thought I would be able to complete the final cut of my shipping forecast piece in a day.It is progressing well but we are going to have to wait a little longer before it is complete. On that theme I thought I'd take a look at some other work which has got the "time" factor.

I loved this engraving by Sue Wollatt, particularly the way she has captured the light on the buildings.



This lino cut of Psalter Lane by James Green is just breathtaking. I love the perspective and the colour choice.


My dog Butch thought this was particularly apt. A fantastic lino cut print from The Enlightened Hound.
(Butch would like to add that whilst he doesn't dig; he does display admirable persistence when encouraging me to retrieve a chew from the treats jar for him!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my print! I love the Psalter Lane one and the Enlightened hound one too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I know someone who might like the enlightened hound print... All three are lovely, I'd love to have a go at lino cutting, though I think it might take a while to get to this level...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...