Tuesday 10 January 2012

Typography

I am rather addicted to typography and get the feeling that it will start creeping into my work more and more. I'm currently working on a piece for a friend about to have her third child. Pink, blue and mint green just aren't going to cut it and the family is currently living in a house they are going to totally rebuild and redecorate so doesn't give any clues as to their colour preferences.

I'd really like to have the piece finished before the baby arrives so needed to come up with something personal but generic simultaneously (is that possible?)

The bare bones of the design are finished and I have been struggling to come up with a colour scheme. Sketch Inc has come to my rescue and this print seems particularly apt! I'll post the completed design when its completed. Meanwhile why not check out Rebecca Kemp's fabulous Etsy shop and search typography art in Etsy Handmade - the results are fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...